McAfee Activate at www.mcafee.com/activate – Get started with McAfee security
McAfee is a flexible way to organize data and deal with security measures. Security software integrated with advanced service specializations allowing its users to access is manageable features depending on the product and version. For registered users who have activated the antivirus product using their McAfee retail card activation code, also have the access cloud-based solutions available. The utmost application is that detects and removes malicious, sophisticated threats in minimum time.
Moreover, McAfee also provides free trials that offer features like scanning device, removing viruses, also alerts when a peripheral device is connected to your computer or mobile. However, purchased version indeed gives advanced services. But before you select a product, find your requirements and system specifications.
Ensure that your system has these features and conditions so McAfee antivirus products can run without any technical glitch. Below are general requirements that your PC should follow to pair up the compatibility.
McAfee System Requirements-
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Windows XP Home/ Professional (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 2003 (32- and 64-bit)
- Required version of internet explorer- 6 or above with SP2
- Language that the software supports: SaaS Endpoint Protection suites, SecurityCenter configured in English, German, Danish, Japanese, French, Chinese (Simplified or Traditional), Dutch, Italian, Hebrew, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian or Iberian), Swedish, Spanish, Norwegian, Russian, Finnish and Turkish.
- RAM Requirements: Windows Vista/ 7- 512 MB; Windows XP-
- 256 MB; Windows 2000- 256 MB
- Hard Disk Space in PC– 200MB minimum for all Windows Operating System
- Processor: 500 MHz or above for Windows XP and 2000; 800 MHz or above for Windows Vista and 7.
Find a McAfee antivirus product that fulfills your requirements and redeems license key code using McAfee retail card, you will need it while activating your product. If you are upgrading the product say from McAfee Virtual Network Security Platform to McAfee Advanced Threat Defense, uninstall any other or older version of antivirus from your system even if it is from McAfee. To protect your computer and Android from security risks, follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to download McAfee antivirus
Note– On an online purchase of McAfee Antivirus, you will receive a mail with McAfee retail card license key code, use the code during activation. If you have bought the antivirus from a retail shop, find McAfee retail card activation code inside the packaging.
- Open McAfee.com/Activate, find and select from the option of ‘For Consumer’ or ‘For Business’ available at the top-right corner of the page and you will be prompted to the login page.
- Log in to your McAfee account using details associated to it.
- If you don’t have an account, create one by clicking on Register Now or sign up option. Follow instructions and provide the required details. (Select Remember Me if you want to avoid entering details every time your login)
- After signing in successfully to your account, use McAfee setup wizard for your device protection.
To enhance the value of McAfee antivirus product (say McAfee All Access), it is suggested to keep checking for the validity of the software protect your devices.
- From the drop-down option, select the PC and Android you are using and click download.
- While selecting Smartphone, selecting your country will be mandatory. Also, you will need to provide your mobile number for the verification process. While in the authentication process, you will receive a link via a text message or an email to your registered address. In case you don’t find your device in the list, click on X button available on the top corner of the product page.
- You will be redirected to the License Agreement page, make sure to go through the policies before you mark agree to any T&C.
- Click on download options and the product will begin to install on the device you have selected.
- Follow the instructions displaying on your screen and to proceed with the installation and configuration process.
*Steps may slightly differ depending on the web browser you are using.
Next, you need to activate the antivirus using your McAfee retail card activation code. If you have purchased a product, you can also download the security software by using McAfee product key.
Steps to activate McAfee
- Click on the link mcafee.com/activate and select your country and language
- On the same link, enter your McAfee product key and click on Submit button.
- When prompted to the home page of the website, click on My Account to login and fill your login details associated with the registered account.
- Create an account if you don’t have any by selecting Sign up option and follow instruction.
- Click on activate button.
McAfee activation is now completed and you can run whole PC scan. It is possible that many users might face errors while performing the download, install or activate McAfee product. To avoid any halt, perform instruction step-by-step. If the security software doesn’t run properly just after installing or activating, try restarting your computer or device on with you have installed.